Growing up I always wanted out of Oklahoma. I had my sights set on accomplishing big things out in a big city and felt my dreams were too big for this town. Upon graduation I moved to Houston where I made some amazing friends, landed a dream job, and frequent shopped the Houston Galleria mall ( BLESSED!). I had a pretty sweet set up. Then something really weird and unexpected happened. I started missing Oklahoma…. I began to suddenly remember all of the wonderful things about Oklahoma City that for some reason, I wasn’t really able to see before. God has a funny way of giving us what we want to show us we don’t really want it after all. Here are a few reasons I love my city.
- Chances are you will experience a “cotton candy sunset” while your here. They are breathtaking
- People watching at the State Fair is better than any reality television show you could watch on tv.
- Kindness and sincerity meet you everywhere you go and every stranger greets you like an old friend.
- 98.9% of the time I would bet that no one furiously flips you off when your trying to change lanes on the highway, instead they wave “Go ahead!”
- This city is growing and I love watching it evolve and come flourish.
What are your favorite things about where you live? Comment and let me know I would love to hear from you!
I got this hoodie from Kick Off Couture ! They have the cutest game day apparel for tons of different colleges and should be your go to place for tailgating season! It will be here faster than you think. Also, if you’re a Thunder fan you have got to browse through their designs because I couldn’t pick a favorite. Direct link to the hoodie Im wearing here !